Early Childhood Playgrounds: Planning and Outside Learning Environment - BY PRUE WALSH
The outdoor play environment has an integral role to play in a child’s learning across the pivotal early childhood years. An outside space that is well designed allows for enriching, stimulating and challenging play experiences that meet children’s ongoing developmental needs. Early Childhood Playgrounds provides a step-by-step guide to planning, designing and creating an outdoor learning environment for young children.
Written by an experienced practitioner that has consulted on over 2000 early childhood settings and schools internationally, this book considers all aspects of the outdoor learning environment and provides practical support on:
- planning procedures and ideas for designs;
- a wide variety of play within a playground through the inclusion of quiet, open and active play areas;
- stimulating and challenging play;
- a natural environment that will provide interest and sustainability;
- spaces for toddlers and babies;
- playground needs for children with additional needs.
This book will be fascinating reading for those studying early childhood and practitioners looking into the ways and means of setting up, improving or expanding their outdoor play facilities. It is also geared towards other disciplines, making it an essential guide for architects and planning professionals wanting to gain a greater understanding of play and the vital role it takes in meeting children’s needs and development.
Please allow approx 3-4 weeks for delivery as we are awaiting stock from the publisher!